Search Now

Recommendations

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Best Companies to work for in India


You know, till sometime back-actually, until a few weeks ago when BT pulled me out of retirement and asked me to look at the findings of its Best Companies to Work for in India 2006 survey-I was ruing my retirement. Not anymore. I don't think I could be an HR manager today; not if the stories coming out of the top 10 companies are anything to go by. It's a mad world out there: HR managers are scrambling for workers and spending sleepless nights, worrying over compensation, recruitment and retention. Worse, almost no employee at the top 10 companies says that she is happy with the money she's making or the career counselling she's getting at her company. It includes Infosys employees, who have been promised Rs 126 crore in bonuses this year.

Read more